Welcome to The Childrey Practice, Solution Focused Hypnotherapy.
My name is Lucy Gilroy, founder and principal of The Childrey Practice. I am a clinical hypnotherapy practitioner. Working alongside me is my associate, Maddy Boardman, also an experienced hypnotherapist. At The Childrey Practice we work with clients using a successful and unique combination of techniques that help people make definite, lasting changes enabling them to enjoy their lives to their full potential.
Solution Focused Hypnotherapy is a safe but wonderfully powerful technique to achieve both positive change or just enhancing enjoyment of everyday life. It works because solution focused hypnotherapy draws upon an effective combination of the very best of modern psychotherapy and hypnosis, focusing on solutions and moving forward in a positive way.
We have helped many adults, teenagers and children from all over Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire and Gloucestershire.
The evidence based techniques used help to resolve:
- anxiety, including overthinking and worry about the future or past
- specific anxiety disorders such as panic attacks
- low mood including post natal depression
- sleep disorders
- low confidence or self-esteem
- performance related anxiety including examination nerves or sporting/music performance nerves
- fears and phobias
- obsessive disorders
- impulse – control disorders
- habits & addictions (including smoking)
- pain (talking therapies are recommended by NICE)
- weight problems
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome ( hypnotherapy is recommended by NICE)
We also specialise in
- supporting clients through their fertility journey
- supporting patients through cancer diagnosis, treatment and beyond
“When I heard about the Childrey Practice, I asked Lucy whether hypnotherapy could help control my nerves whilst competing and performing. I didn’t really know what to expect and wasn’t sure it would be for me; but after talking to Lucy it dawned on me that anxiety was limiting my day-to-day life as well as peak stress events, and the way I was thinking was making life really difficult. Using Lucy’s techniques for adopting positive thought processes and building self confidence has made life so much happier and easier; controlling my nerves whilst competing and performing is just an added bonus! My close friends and family have all noticed an added spring in my step. It has been a really natural and gradual process, and I’d really recommend it.” FH | Mother & Business Woman | Nr Wantage, Oxfordshire
Contact by phone: 07811 071342 or email firstname.lastname@example.org